From humble beginnings in 1892, The National Federation of Roofing Contractors Limited (NFRC) has established itself as the leading roofing trade association in the United Kingdom. With seven regions, over 1000 trade contractors and 173 Supplier Members (manufacturers, suppliers and service providers), NFRC represents over 70% of the roofing industry by value.
Through various initiatives, NFRC continues to strive to provide confidence to clients who use its members and to the members to receive a service that is second to none.
- NFRC actively ensures that members offer high standards of workmanship and sound business practice through a strict code of practice and independent vetting procedure, including site inspections and adhering to the Government-endorsed TrustMark standards.
- All NFRC trade members hold comprehensive insurance cover and insurance-backed warranties are available.
- Approved manufacturers, suppliers and service providers (Supplier Member).
- Network of approved roof training providers (Affiliate Member).
- Heritage specialist roofers and trained and reputable solar installers.
- Numerous technical committees, advisory and focus groups. NFRC also provides secretariat for a number of organisations including the National Home Improvement Council (NHIC) and the Green Roof Organisation (GRO).
- Technical support for members and their clients.
- Working closely with a number of other specialist trade associations to ensure one voice for the roofing industry.
- NFRC also organises the annual UK Roofing Awards which has become the highlight of the roofing industry calendar and serve to recognise and reward outstanding standards of workmanship and technical excellence across the roofing industry.