National Federation of Roofing Contractors CPD touches on many topics relevant to the maintenance and upgrade of tradition Scottish slate roofs. It will be presented by Graeme Miller from Bain & Irvine.
Please feel free to bring your own lunch.
Topics Covered will include:
- Properties of Scottish Slate – colour, size (random, thickness), Supplies of Scotch Slate
- Alternative Slates available
- When to reslate and when to repair
- When to redress and reuse slate introducing minimum new slates
- When to totally strip and reslate
- When reroofing gives you an opportunity to retrofit insulation to roof voids
- Comparisons of Finished Roofs with Different Slates (especially those on terraced/tenement properties where the new slate abuts a roof with Scotch Slate, good and bad examples)
Material Considerations: A Library of Sustainable Building Materials, in partnership with the Scottish Traditional Building Forum present this CPD series looking at the materials and techniques of traditional Scottish construction.
Organiser of CPD: Architecture And Design Scotland