The winners of the UK Roofing Awards 2018, hosted by the NFRC, were announced at a ceremony hosted by BBC’s Dan Walker at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel on Friday 11th May 2018.
Now in its eleventh year, the UK Roofing Awards has become a firm fixture for the roofing sector to come together and celebrate outstanding standards of design workmanship and safety demonstrated throughout the year.
NFRC Chief Executive James Talman, who introduced the Awards, said: “These awards stand as a reminder to us all of the important contribution the roofing sector makes through innovative products, design and workmanship, to the construction industry.”
The winners by category are:
- Roof Slating - Claude N Smith for Marshals Yard Development
- Roof Tiling (Sponsored by ECIC) - Monier Redland working with DM Roofing & Roughcasting Ltd for Shettleston New Parish Church
- Heritage Roofing (Sponsored by Klober) - Rowlands Roofing for LLwyn Celyn
- Green Roofing - Bauder Ltd working with EJ Roberts Roofing Ltd for Clapham Park
- Sheeting and Cladding/Rainscreen - Malone Roofing (Newbury) for Hungerford Fire Station
- Fully Supported Metal (Sponsored by Metal Solutions) - Full Metal Jacket for The Victoria Royal Pavilion
- Lead Roofing (Sponsored by Chandlers Roofing Supplies) - Full Metal Jacket Ltd for British Museum - Islamic Gallery
- Single Ply - Ithaca Roofing Ltd for Hawthorns Care Home
- Liquid Applied Roofing & Waterproofing and Hot Melt - Polyroof working with Sarnian Roofing Ltd for The Little Chapel
- Innovation (Sponsored by EagleView) - Axter Ltd working with Tilbury Contracts Ltd for Dylon WorksTilbury Roofing Contractors
- Mastic Asphalt - IKO plc working with Sussex Asphalte Ltd for St Paul’s Cathedral
- Reinforced Bitumen Membrane - Langley Waterproofing Systems Ltd working with Opus Waterproofing Solutions Ltd for Girdlestone Estate
- Small Scale Project (under £25k) - Polyroof working with Cure Roofing Ltd for Rose Cottage
- Large Scale Project (over £250k) (Sponsored by Wienerberger) - Partnering Contractor's Roofing Ltd for New Bracken House
- Roof of the Year Award (Sponsored by SIG Roofing) - Full Metal Jacket for The Victoria Royal Pavilion
- Industry Choice Award (Sponsored by Radmat Building Products) - Longworth Building Services for The Bund
The UK Roofing Awards also reward the individuals and organisations that go above and beyond the call of duty:
- NFRC Health & Safety Champion Award 2018 went to Sam Baldwin of Longworth Building Services.
- The Local Hero Award (Sponsored by SIG Roofing) went to Lee Moran of Moran Roofing Specialists
The Awards would not take place without the continued support of our sponsors, in particular our Headline Sponsor SIG Roofing, who has continued to provide invaluable assistance in the development of the event.
We also thank our other sponsors for their contributions. This year they were: BMI Group (Drinks Sponsor); Category Sponsors Chandlers Roofing Supplies, EagleView, ECIC, Klober UK, Metal Solutions, Radmat Building Products and Wienerberger; and Supporting Sponsors ALM, Axter, Cromar, Easy-trim, IKO, LCA, QANW, Recticel, Sika, Total and LSTA..
You can view this year’s winner’s and finalists projects at www.roofingawards.co.uk.