The Congress itself is made up of two parts: the Awards Lunch and the Evening Dinner Dance. The Awards commence with a champagne drinks reception (which has become an excellent networking opportunity); then a three course lunch and is followed by the Awards Ceremony. As well as the Roofing Award winners, prizes are also given in Health & Safety, Training and Youth competitions.
In the evening the Dinner Dance takes place. This begins with a drinks reception and then a four course meal and this is followed by entertainment and a charity raffle and finishes off with dancing into the early hours.
The winners of the 2012 Roofing Awards were announced on Friday18th May at the Roofing Awards Annual Congress Lunch at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham.
2012 WINNERS Pitched Roofing
- Roof Slating – Richard Soan Roofing Services, Folkington Manor
- Roof Tiling – Forster Roofing Services Ltd working with Sandtoft, Cricket Pavilion and Shelter
- Single Ply – Owlsworth Roofing Ltd working with Sika Sarnafil, Hoopers Yard
- Reinforced Bituminous Membrane (RBM) – M & J Flat Roofing Ltd working with IKO plc, D.S. Smith Packaging, Yorkshire
- Liquid Applied Roofing – Stirling Lloyd Construction Ltd, New Olympic Stadium
Industrial Roofing & Cladding
- Roof Sheeting – Lakesmere Ltd, Belvedere Riverside Resource Recovery Facility
- Vertical Cladding – KGM Roofing, Siemens, Lincoln
- Green Roofs – Prater Limited, Peacehaven Water Treatment Works
- Solar – KGM Roofing, Arnold Lodge
- Shingles & Shakes – Kingsley Roofing working with John Brash, The Orchard
- Heritage Roofing – Fulwood Roofing Services North West working with Worthingtons Roofcrafts of Bolton, Crewe Municipal Building
- Fully Supported Metal Roofing – Full Metal Jacket Ltd, Lizard Lifeboat Station
- NFRC Health & Safety Champion 2011 - Andrew Desmonde,Longworth Building Services Limited.
- Exceptional Contribution to Training - in partnership with CITB-ConstructionSkills - Briggs Amasco Limited.
- NFRC Safety in Roofing Awards – Northstone (NI) Ltd for slating and tiling; Martin-Brooks (Roofing Specialists) Ltd for flat roofing; and Swift Roofing Services Ltd for industrial roofing and cladding.
- Murdoch Award - NDM Metal Roofing & Cladding, Regent Palace Hotel
- Murdoch Sponsor’s Award - A P Chant Building Services, Palladian Country House.
You can view images from the winning projects below.