NFRC's legal authority
NFRC is a voluntary Membership body, not a government regulator. As such we only have authority over our Members in relation to their Membership with us. We have no authority to issue fines, compel a Member to start or to complete a project or prevent a Member from trading.
Making a complaint about an NFRC Trade Member
NFRC can help customers who have a dispute with an NFRC Member company with a free service whereby we will endeavour to reconcile a dissatisfied customer with the Member company. A customer is defined as an individual who has entered into a contract with a Member.
Prior to completing the complaint form, we would ask that customers who have concerns regarding the roofing works carried out under contract with a NFRC Member, to initially contact the Member and utilise their complaints policy to express these concerns and agree a resolution. All NFRC Members are required to have their own Customer Complaints procedure.
The following are some examples of areas where NFRC is not able to assist:
- If the company has ceased to be a Member of NFRC
- If the company was not a Member of NFRC at the time of the completion of the works giving rise to a complaint
- If the complaint relates to compensation or making a financial award
- If the roof works do not relate to one of the listed disciplines for our Member (please refer to ‘services offered’ under the Members’ NFRC profile on our web site)
- If either party has commenced legal proceedings or employed/involved a third party to resolve the dispute for example a Solicitor, Trading Standards or another trade body
- If you are not in a contractual relationship with our Member
- If the work in question has been carried out more than four years ago
- Where the work in question has been carried out outside of the UK.
What can NFRC do?
Upon receipt of your complaint form, your complaint will be logged and passed to the local regional manager, who will contact you to discuss the matter in more detail and seek resolution between both parties.
NFRC monitors the conduct of its Members and Members are expected to adhere to NFRC's Code of Practice. We can, if appropriate, refer the Member's conduct to NFRC's Complaints Committee for consideration for breaches of our Regulations and Code of Practice. This is an internal matter between NFRC and its Member. Please note that NFRC will only liaise with ONE main contact per complaint.
Making a complaint about something else
If you have a complaint that is unrelated to one of our Members, please contact us directly in writing and forward to email@example.com.
All complaints to NFRC will be dealt with in line with the NFRC Complaints Policy and acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint form will be sent to you within 48 hours (Monday – Friday during normal working hours of 9am – 5pm).