Winners of the UK Roofing Awards 2017
Hosted by Steph McGovern
Exceptional Contribution to Training Award (Sponsored by CITB)
Beverley Sexton, Jackson Jackson & Sons Ltd
Young Lead Worker of the Year Award - Lead Sheet Association
Jay Stubbs, a self-employed leadworker trading as LDN Leadwork Ltd, Essex
The Lead Contractors Association (LCA) promote two awards for outstanding leadwork, both of which are sponsored by Associated Lead Mills.
Murdoch Sponsor's Award
Celtic Leadwork - Primary School in Notting Hill, London
Conservation Leadwork Ltd - Culham Court Chapel, Henley on Thames
Sky Garden Ltd working with Topek Ltd - The Macallan Distillery, Moray
- The Macallan stands for quality, craftsmanship and luxury. The eye-catching roof for their distillery certainly instills these brand qualities. Sky Garden were selected by the landscape architects to assist with the design in 2014 and were delighted to see this prestigious project all the way through to its impressive fulfillment. Detailed research of the surrounding area to engineer the right seed mix to replicate the landscape. 3D Modelling technology - tailoring the hold of the green roof system to the undulating roof.
Liquid Applied Roofing and Waterproofing
Mitie Tilley Roofing - North Terminal, Gatwick Airport
- The existing flat roof above the International Department Lounge, North Terminal at Gatwick Airport was failing and experiencing internal water leaks.This project demonstrates a first-class delivery within a live airport environment. The client demanded the highest standards of QHSE, security, zero defects and delivery within the tightest of timescales.
Single Ply Roofing
Carlisle Construction Materials Ltd working with Topek Ltd - The Macallan Distillery, Moray
- Innovative and Modular building design. Product specification and precision manufacturing, all the roofing panels sit perfectly together to find a sustainable solution to a very challenging brief.
Reinforced Bitumen Membranes
M&J Group - Fleet Bank House, London
- An incredibly complex project over highly sensitive government offices where roof mounted plant could not be moved or altered. M&J worked tirelessly in assisting with the specification and design, ensuring that the building was fully watertight, with zero disruptions to the internal offices and completed to a very tight deadline.
Mastic Asphalt / Hot Melt (Sponsored by EagleView)
Prater Ltd working with Radmat Building Products Ltd - Fitzroy Place, London
- Fitzroy Place is a unique collection of prestigious new homes, enticing stores, a restaurant and high quality office space, all gathered around a stunning landscaped square. Logistically the project was especially challenging with the commercial and residential elements being built concurrently - limiting the distribution of materials on site severely.
Sheeting and Cladding (Sponsored by ECIC)
Lakesmere - Greenwich Energy Centre (Optic Cloak), London
- This new low carbon energy centre in London's Greenwich Peninsula development represents all that is great in modern construction. The flue tower element, known as The Optic Cloak, stepped outside the boundaries of usual architectural design to that of an art installation, designed by renowned British sculptural artist, Conrad Shawcross.
Hard Metal Roofing
Roles Broderick Roofing Limited - Exeter College, University of Oxford
- The construction of a prestigious new college block with teaching and student accommodation. Maintaining the original listed Victorian façade all within Oxford city centre. The building was designed to have a stark contrast between the old and very contemporary new curved stainless steel building.
Lead Roofing (Sponsored by Chandlers Roofing Supplies)
K&M Leadwork Ltd - Goring Clock Tower
- Replacement of the existing 90-year old clock tower roof. The contractor was appointed to strip the lead and replace, altering the design to prevent the previous failure reoccurring where the water had penetrated behind the posts, leading to water ingress and the failure of the existing roof.
Contour Roofing (Essex) Limited - St Joseph's College
- Contour Roofing (Essex) Limited were tasked with providing the roof coverings to St Josephs, a Grade II listed building (1866) that needed to blend in to the beautiful scenic surroundings and views of Mill Hill overlooking London on a complex roof design which consisted of both refurbishment and new build works. The build required all of our working disciplines with the flexibility of the Sika Sarnafil & Liquid Plastics waterproofing systems & quality of the SSQ natural slates proving ideal for the varying & intricate flat & pitched roofing areas.
Roof Tiling Award
& Roof of the Year Award (Sponsored by SIG Roofing)
Rowlands Roofing Ltd working with Marley Eternit - Quintain House
- Demonstrates the highest standards of roofing expertise, craftsmanship and delivery to turn and ambitious architectural vision into striking reality. The stunning curves articulated by the beauty of clay tiles are the crowning glory of a roofing masterpiece. It was created with passion, attention to detail and unrivaled skill.
Heritage Roofing (Sponsored by Klober Ltd)
Emerton Roofing (Western) Limited - The Boat House
- The iconic building features a collection of highly decorated roof slopes, through the use of pattern tiles. Through tireless effort, skill and careful consideration, we have brought this roof back to its former glory.