Sponsorship & Advertising Sales Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Communications
Internal: All NFRC departments and Regional Managers
External: NFRC member contractors, joint venture partners, NFRC Supplier members, construction industry manufacturers and service providers, merchants and other stakeholders.
- To design and create a sales framework by which financial targets are set and achieved in agreement with Department Head
- To ensure that a clear and concise customer offer is developed and delivered through the use of all marketing and communications channels
- To manage and deliver the commercial sponsorship income from the UK Roofing Awards
- To develop and deliver media and advertising revenue for a roofing sector online magazine website.
- To develop and maintain appropriate business systems, working with other departments e.g. Membership and Operations
- Establish and implement a strategy for enhancing the levels of commercial marketing income both on and offline
- Proactively identify statistical trends, using this information to develop a robust commercial business plan and to act on this intelligence appropriately
- Work with the Regional Managers to ensure there is a single cross federation sponsorship offer
- Responsible for effective partnering with third parties, to grow the sales base and commercial pipeline
- P&L responsibility and management for the commercial targets attached to activity
- Drive commercial growth to agreed KPI’s.
- Manage all commercial marketing and sponsorship arrangements and relationships
- Manage and improve the current suite of sponsorship opportunities
- Manage and continually improve the processes employed within the business to ensure effectiveness and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence, creating new process where required
- Attend and contribute effectively to team management meetings, providing statistical updates on progress against KPI’s
- Liaise internally with other departments and aid in the ongoing development and implementation of upgrading and updating the CRM, relevant integrations and data analysis
- Ensure effective engagement with existing commercial partners and maximum retention
- Proactively develop our online offering (with Marketing & Comms colleagues) to ensure effective outreach and appropriate data gathering to identify opportunities and to minimize risk
- Monitor and analyse the effectiveness of the website in terms of page impressions, time on pages and other relevant data
- Continually identify, analyse and where appropriate, implement new systems to streamline the business/add to the bottom line
- Prepare Senior Management team and Board papers (where required) to deadlines, on matters relating to advertising and sponsorship sales, in consultation with the department Head
- Attend and contribute towards internal meetings and other Board/Working Parties/Focus Groups as and when required.
- Work with the Membership team to ensure clear and concise communication flow to the registered contractors plus outreach work to the wider environment and industry
Attendance at events
- Attend NFRC functions within both the UK and internationally as and when required, which may require overnight stays
- Give effective and professional presentations as and when required and communicate positively and effectively with commercial leads and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Develop friendly, positive and supportive relationships with external and internal members
- Act upon commercial pipeline leads, comments and suggestions
- Meet and exceed service standards for members of the team, both internal and external
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Department Head
- Work in such a way as to minimise the risks to the information technology environment safely, securely and confidentially, adhering to GDPR at all times
- Have regard for own actions and those of others in the interests of safety.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and (where possible) an involvement in NFRC quality initiatives to include training and accreditation.
- Experience in the design and delivery of sponsorship and advertising packages
- Knowledge of construction industry and those providing services in to that industry
- Customer Relationship Management
- Practical Self-starter with high degree of initiative and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to take and retain ownership and responsibility
- Effective team worker
- Professional and credible within the organisation
- Strong customer focus
- Process driven
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to plan and manage complex activity schedules
- Good project management
- Good negotiation, influencing, relationship building and persuasion
- Numerate and analytical
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, and adobe packages (desirable)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven experience of utilising social and online media platforms a sales and delivery tool, with the ability to deliver content for these.
- Management within a sales and sponsorship environment
- Management within a membership environment
- Experience of developing and delivering commercial business plans
- Management and accountability of multi-party relationships
- Knowledge and use of 3rd party CRM systems
- Budget Management
- 2:1 Degree or higher grade in a suitable discipline
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd March 2018. Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.